Merging projects for coding comparison query

Welcome Forums Forums Getting Help with Nvivo – Scroll to end to post a question Merging projects for coding comparison query

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    edwin.rahr

I'm coding two focus group transcripts with another researcher and we've coded separately and would now like to run a comparison between the two projects.
    When I import the other project in rather than merge the two focu groups transcripts it keeps them as separate files so we have "Focus group 1 transcript" and "Focus group 1 transcript (2)" and as a result the coding comparison seems to make no sense.
    We also have subtly different coding frameworks – do these need to be identical to merge sources and run a comparison?
    I'm concerned there may have been tiny changes made by my co-researcher to the the transcript she was coding and now they're unable to merge. Is there anyway to rectify this situation? 

I'm afraid you did not set up the test correctly. You need to read our recent blog on the QSR website with do's' and don't's' for conducting inter-rater reliability testing using a coding comparison query in NVivo:

http://blog.qsrinternational.com/avoiding-the-pitfalls-of-inter-rater-reliability-testing/

Hope this helps!
    Kind regards,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.