Importing Endnote library – receiving error message and unable to import library

Welcome Forums Forums Getting Help with Nvivo – Scroll to end to post a question Importing Endnote library – receiving error message and unable to import library

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi Ben,

I’ve tried multiple times to import my latest Endnote library into NVivo 12 Pro and I keep receiving the following error message ‘read past EOF’. I’ve cleaned my Endnote library of corrupt .pdfs but it still happens. In addition, when I search for my references within my existing Endnote library I can’t find any of my references – they seem to be grouped by author and I’d like them to be grouped by title – is there a work around for this so I can search for them as I’m analysing?

Best wishes,

Charlotte Clayton

Hi Charlotte,

The second part of your question is easiest to answer insofar as the import wizard offers two options when importing from referencing software such as EndNote as shown at this link:

https://qdacloud.myqnapcloud.com/share.cgi/Import%20Wizard.png?ssid=43bb384008804f4fa92bc2fe71935fe4&fid=43bb384008804f4fa92bc2fe71935fe4&open=normal&ep=

All you need to do is reimport and choose the default option of ‘Title’ and the PDFs will display as desired.

Your second question is trickier because reading past EOF is a technical issue that could be caused by EndNote, NVivo or a PDF with no ‘end of file’ marker. I think you will need to make a request to tech support in QSR for assistance on this one. You can do so at this link:

https://support.qsrinternational.com/nvivo/s/contactsupport/contact-support-form

Sorry I can’t do more, but it really requires investigation by the developers. They will respond, but it may take a few days not least because they are based in Melbourne, Australia.

Darragh Costello, B.Sc., M.Sc.,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.