File appears to be corrupt?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I've got several hours of work into a project that I'm afraid is lost. I was on a university-networked computer (that's old enough to still have floppy disk drives) that crashed, and when I try to re-open my file, I get the error "The project XXX could not be opened and appears to be corrupt. NVivo may have been shut down abnormally when this file was last saved." I've tried moving to a different computer, copying and pasting the file in different folders, and various methods of opening it. I don't see a log file in the folder and am not sure what to do. PLEASE HELP!! I'm happy to send the file along to whomever, I'm on the brink of tears… 

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Liz,

There a couple of things you can do. First, use the link below to send the file to the NVivo developers QSR International. They may be able to recover your data: http://assets.qsrinternational.com/support-form/ 

I'm assuming you are using version 10? If so, you also need to avail of the free update to 'Service Pack 6' which has built in tools for recovering corrupted files. You can set NVivo to create an automatic recovery file up to every hour which can then be used to restore your data in the event of a crash. This is particularly important if you are working in a networked environment. 

I hope this was helpful. I understand how diistressed you must be. Let me know if you recover the data 🙁

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.