Exporting and merging NVivo memos

Welcome Forums Forums Getting Help with Nvivo – Scroll to end to post a question Exporting and merging NVivo memos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brian O

Hi Ben,

I hope all is going well for you. I have a question for you that I hope you can advise me on.

To briefly bring you up to speed again: I’ve all the coding done and proposition statements done. I am now at the discussion stage and elaborating on the statements in memos. As I was fleshing out the statements by drawing on quotes from the nodes I found it cumbersome to copy and paste quotes from nodes into the memos as each window would have to reload every time I switched. Stupidly I created a Word document and copied the statements and quotes into that document and worked on teh discussion in Word before copying the draft back into the Memo when done. Now I see that the updated memo has lost the link to the quotes and doesn’t give statistics such as Rerences and Nodes. I doubt if theres a work around (maybe theres a relink feature) but also I dont know if its even a problem as I’m atthe stage where i need  to immalgimate all teh statements into a Findings and Discussion chapter, preferably in a single document so I can see whats where and get some sort of flow to it.

If all that isnt too confusing… whats the best way to proceed? Should I create a new memo with all the findings, quotes, and discussion or copy the lot into a word doc and work on from there?

If I’ve lost you totally let me know and I’ll give you a quick call about it.

All the best,

Brian

Hi Brian,

There’s a few things here! First of all, you can export your memos into a single Word document and obviate all that cutting and pasting. The link does not need to be active as it is just a reference to the source. The ‘stats’ should be available on a single click because the link identifies the source and, by extension, coded content coming from that source. If you need to arrange  a log in session to bring clarity to all this, we can easily arrange it – no problem.

Nice to know things are moving along!
    Warm regards, 
    Ben

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.