- This topic is empty.
- 27th January 2012 at 5:22 am #2575DanielMember
I have a project I was working on and uploaded it to the NVivo 9. All the information is there and recent changes to the folders. However, none of the nodes or references (the coding) I completed for the project is showing up. Did I do something wrong?
Also where are these projects saved. I saved it on my persoanl computer (I see the NVivo folder but where does the project actually save to?)27th January 2012 at 3:35 pm #2890QDATRAINING AdminMember
The project saves to your 'my documents' folder by default. It's a file with a blue round icon called "project name.nvp" When you say 'upload' it sounds like you may have tried to import the other project rather than convert it from say an older version of NVivo to the newer one. Is this the case? What you need to do is follow these steps:
- Run NVivo 9
- Go to file/open and browse to your documents folder for your old project file
- Select the file and select open
- You will receive a message saying this project was created in an older version of NVivo and must be converted
- Select the convert button
- You will be asked to name the new file – name it the same as your old but with 9.2 at the end of the name so you know which file is the newer one in future
- Select 'ok' and NVivo will convert and open the file
It should be exactly the same as the old one. If you have any difficulty following this or if I have misunderstood your problem; let me know and I will assist further.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.