Coding transcribed interviews + Orientation of Coding stripes

Welcome Forums Forums Getting Help with Nvivo – Scroll to end to post a question Coding transcribed interviews + Orientation of Coding stripes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Sofia Ntaliou
    Participant

Hi,

I have two questions. First, I somehow managed to have the coding stripes vertically and horizontally, and now I cannot find a way to turn one of them off. I would like to have only the vertical Coding Density bar please, if possible.

Second, and most importantly, I transcribed my interviews in NVivo and then I started coding them directly there. However, when I move the text the coding stripes don’t move with it. So, I cannot see which text goes to which code. Is there a way to fix that or should I copy-paste my transcriptions to a text file and then do the coding there?

(If I have to transfer them in a text file is there a way to also transfer the coding that I have done already?)

Thank you!

Hi Sofia,

When you turn on coding stripes in a transcribed media file, you can drag either the horizontal or vertical stripes window to hide either if you don’t wish to see them as shown below:

https://qdacloud.myqnapcloud.com/share.cgi/hide%20or%20show%20stripes.png?ssid=6f6f1897538d4c1b88d6218820cbbdad&openfolder=normal&ep=&_dc=1669924259767&fid=6f6f1897538d4c1b88d6218820cbbdad

With regard to your second question, if you chose ‘Coding Stripes⇒Recently Coded’. as the filter, the coding stripes will update the filter automatically as you add content to existing codes or new ones.

I hope this helps.

Darragh Costello, B.Sc., M.Sc.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.