Coding comparison for merged project items returned Kappas 0 and 1

Welcome Forums Coding comparison for merged project items returned Kappas 0 and 1

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    palunen
    Participant

Hi,

I have merged two or more projects and now used a few sources coded by two raters to run coding comparison query. However, although the agreement was 60-99 percent, both sources returned Kappas 0 or 1. I studied NVivo Help and found as follows:

"If the user’s work has been imported from another NVivo project, this may indicate that this user’s coding has not been imported correctly and needs to be re-imported."

OMG, what should I do? I am not quite sure (It's been one year ago) that I have selected to import “Coding” in the Import Options dialog but the coding stripes generated by my colleague can be seen but yet, the Kappa cannot be calculated…

Is it possible to calculate Kappa manually from the agreement percentage? I hav little time as I must resubmit my article…

I appreciate your help!

Hi again! I choose to take the merging projects other way around to my colleague's disk this time with coding, too, and now, one hour later I got the Kappa. Sorry to bother you!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.