About audio files: how to convert them to be in a rigth format to be handled by NVivo?

Welcome Forums Forums Getting Help with Nvivo – Scroll to end to post a question About audio files: how to convert them to be in a rigth format to be handled by NVivo?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I've got audio files .amr.

How can I convert them to be used in NVivo 9?

Thank you!

Hi Véronique,

You need to convert the files to a more mainstream format such as MP3. If you don't have a converter, I'd be happy to batch convert them for you. You can of course, buy a converter on-line. However, I'd be happy to save you this expense if you don't want to buy one. If you want me to convert them let me know and I will send you some simple instructions and passwords for uploading the *.amr files to our secure server. You will receive a link back to download the MP3s. Alternatively, if you use Dropbox, we can simply share a folder and I will convert the files for you in that folder. You original *.amr files will also remain in the folder.  

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Thank you Ben!

In the meantime, I received some valuable information from the LinkedIn NVivo users group. I downloaded a free AMR to MP3 converter which worked quite well. So it's done!

Yeah! I saw that! That's great! I wasn't aware that there was a freebie out there so that's all good. For anyone watching this post, the software Véronique is referring to may be found here:

http://www.amrtomp3converter.com/

Kind regards,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.