How to use an NVivo Matrix to Intersect Thematic and Sentiment Codes:
This YouTube tutorial introduces Matrix Coding Queries in NVivo Release 1, a basic form of cross-tabulation allowing users to analyze three different data attributes. These queries provide a quantitative expression of project findings, serving as shortcuts to access qualitative information. The tutorial demonstrates setting up a query, selecting criteria, and running it to explore coding references. It emphasizes the importance of interpreting coding references carefully and showcases the ability to switch from coding references to words coded for a nuanced understanding. The video highlights the versatility of Matrix Coding Queries, including the option to bring in different items and add attribute values. It concludes by mentioning the potential for visualizations and numerical exploration of data in surveys.
- [🔍] Matrix Coding Queries in NVivo enable cross-tabulation for analyzing three data attributes.
- [🎯] Queries serve as shortcuts to access qualitative information in a quantitative format.
- [📊] Demonstrates setting up a query, selecting criteria, and exploring coding references.
- [⚖️] Emphasizes careful interpretation of coding references and the switch to words coded.
- [🔄] Matrix Coding Queries offer versatility, allowing the inclusion of different items and attribute values.
- [📈] Visualizations and numerical exploration provide quick overviews in survey research.