This short video shows the steps for importing literature from referencing software to NVivo for Windows or MAC:
This tutorial demonstrates how to import and optimize data from various bibliography software, such as Zotero, EndNote, Mendeley, and RefWorks, into NVivo. The process involves exporting the files from the software as an RIS file, importing the RIS file into NVivo, and linking the metadata and documents. The tutorial provides step-by-step instructions for each stage of the process.
- 💡 The tutorial explains how to import and optimize data from different bibliography software into NVivo.
- 💡 The process involves exporting the files as an RIS file, importing it into NVivo, and linking the metadata and documents.
- 💡 The tutorial provides instructions for each step, including selecting the files, exporting them, and importing them into NVivo.
- 💡 NVivo automatically links the metadata and documents, allowing for comprehensive searching and coding.
- 💡 The tutorial notes that the process is applicable to both the newest version of NVivo and older versions, as well as both Mac and Windows operating systems.
- Introduction to Bibliography Data Import00:01
- Overview of importing and optimizing data from bibliography software (using Zotero as an example).
- Emphasis on the universality of the process across different bibliography software.
- Exporting Files from Zotero00:44
- Selection of articles in Zotero for export.
- Explanation of exporting files as an RIS file, including the option to include files, not just references.
- Preparing for NVivo Import02:06
- Moving from Zotero to NVivo.
- Locating and selecting the exported RIS file in NVivo’s import tab.
- Configuring NVivo Import Settings02:53
- Launching the import wizard in NVivo.
- Choosing import settings, such as sorting articles by title and selecting the destination folder.
- Importing and Managing Data in NVivo03:28
- Executing the import process with 137 files.
- Addressing potential issues with missing references and external documents.
- Exploring NVivo Library Features04:52
- Showcasing the NVivo library interface and features.
- Highlighting the comprehensive metadata, document properties, and linked memos.
- Handling External Documents in NVivo06:16
- Managing external documents in NVivo, specifically dealing with blank documents and metadata.
- Demonstrating how to add content like chapter summaries to enhance external documents.
- Conclusion and Support Information06:42
- Summary and encouragement to reach out for support if needed.
- Assurance of compatibility with different versions of NVivo and operating systems.